Alpha Test Feedback June 13 2015

Join us at www.ageofascent.com for a 30 min playtest Saturday, 13th June, 2015 at 3pm Central US, 4pm East US, 8pm UTC/GMT, 9pm UK (Desktop browser, mouse and keyboard)

Scores

http://player.ageofascent.com/Home/Scores/2015-06-13/

Release Notes

• Free-for-All (FFA) - All ships are hostile
  • Switching it up this week…
  • We have installed the Pulse Cannon in all ships
  • (Swapped out) Dual Plasma Blaster: 3 shot volley, DMG 1.66, RoF 66ms
  • (Put in) Dual Pulse Cannon: Single shot volley, DMG 15, RoF 200ms
  • Top velocity remains to 1000m/s, but turbo cut to 1750m/s (3,914 miles/hr)
  • Work still on going on back end systems
  • Next playtest after this one will be in four weeks (July 11th)

If you want to know the bigger picture and where we are heading don’t forget to check out: About Age of Ascent

Thank you all for joining us on this journey!

Wheeeee!!

My biggest complaint is that half an hour is an insufficient time to identify any potential issues with the game. Science with computers shows us that issues with playtesting usually reveal themselves after 40 minutes. That’s science and you can’t argue with it.

1 Like

Holy balls.
Getting shot hurts.

IT’S GREAT!

I had a break in my schedule such that I could play today. Very glad I did, these new lasers took a while to get used to (less spraying) and really hurt. A string of four shots or so really puts a dent in someone’s health bar. At these speeds, it really should.

The elongated projectile looks really good while you’re strafing or watching some cross fire.

About half way through I was getting shot from multiple angles and my health bar was dwindling. I panicked and hit the shield cell bank button (refresh button). Then almost immediately after, I tried to disable flight assist (back button). Both of these actions killed the browser page. I then took my joystick off my desk so that I can remember I’m not playing Elite.

Bots still don’t seem to be doing damage and the synchronized singularity formation is kinda really awesome looking.

Good job TC for nailing me out of the blue while I was chasing SC. I tried to look for IAMAGEEKYEY but I think it was off in the distance for most of the match. I zoomed out and found him, completely botched my engagement and ended up getting saved by the match ending.

I really wish I could play more, but unfortunately my schedule is going back to getting off work an hour after the playtest starts. See you all in Illyriad!

1 Like

Very interesting match. I still kept my no death streak, and still had plenty of kills, but not in the normal way.

I had to yolo in the mess of ships everywhere, get damaged enough to bait a ship far from the main area, or just find one, and destroy him.

Nice trap Ironhammer, it almost worked on me, and would work on most. (He hid and stayed still for a sure shot, showing his good understanding of surprise shots.)

Why? Because of the pulse cannon’s damage. 125 DPS compared to 75.45 DPS. To add to the damage, you can time your shots a bit more based on when it’s more likely to hit. All the damage everywhere added to the free for all makes surviving there very stressful, if possible. I simply can’t take in account that many plasma shots and ship angles.

I did see a glitch; In my lure trap, I got more damaged then I would prefer, and got the warning sign. The warning sign stayed with me the rest of the match, even with higher health.

Alright, next time you’re on, I’ll go towards Jupiter for awhile. Then we can have another fight.

Yes, I noticed this too. Coming back from the brink of death a few times, I couldn’t figure out why there was still a warning notice on my HUD. Regen seems to have gotten hit pretty hard since I last played. This is a good thing, nobody should really be surviving forever in a 20-30 man free for all.

Also…

I made my thousandth kill today! Wonder who it was?

I thought it while playing yet forgot to mention it here after… Is it normal that flying into the floating buildings on the map doesn’t kill you and allows you to pass through without any problem?
It’s probably just something you guys haven’t gotten to yet, but I thought it might be worth mentioning!