Alpha Test Feedback July 11 2015

Join us at www.ageofascent.com for a 30 min playtest Saturday, 11th July, 2015 at 3pm Central US, 4pm East US, 8pm UTC/GMT, 9pm UK (Desktop browser, mouse and keyboard)

Scores

http://player.ageofascent.com/Home/Scores/2015-07-11/

Release Notes

• Free-for-All (FFA) - All ships are hostile
  • Further weapons testing this week
  • Dual Pulse Cannon bolts now converge on target rather than running parallel
  • Top velocity remains to 1000m/s, turbo 1750m/s (3,914 miles/hr)
  • Work still on going on back end systems
  • Next playtest after this one will be in four weeks (August 8th)

If you want to know the bigger picture and where we are heading don’t forget to check out: About Age of Ascent

Thank you all for joining us on this journey!

Unfortunately i will not be able to participate later tonight but either way i wish the best for other testers :smiley:

However i was intrigued about the following passage:

Does this mean they work like guided missiles?

Spp

Very interesting use of a Slowing Down Ambush, unless Crimson wants to change the name. More details on that on the tactical forum. Finally, I know how to effectively use each button.

Did anyone see a, um, hacker? drone test? going at about 100k meters per a second and disappearing into Jupiter?

I like the change, feels for satisfying. More kills.

I also figured out how to get many kills, without dying in large brawls. More on the tactical forum.

So i ended up actually being able to play :blush:

Just a quick note that it seems like the AI’s do seem to travel through objects, just noting it out so it won’t be a problem for the actual release!

And secondly i didn’t really notice any difference with the cannons, which might just be me but either way good feels still.

Will need to read up on some of the tactics people were using if not yet posted any info would help to get me up there.

I also noticed the “battle ground” seemed to change or was that just me?

Didn’t see but i saw quite a few people went that way every once in a while.

So I woke up halfway through a sleep cycle to play AoA - work will suck tonight, but AoA! It’s probably obvious from my score that I really shouldn’t be piloting ships while in this groggy state.

My biggest concern about AoA in its current state is not the combat - it feels great. It’s simply the game mode and the current objectives that I take issue with. Who does well in a dogfight has very little to do with who takes the kill home - this is 90% luck for being there when the opportunity arises and 10% skill for aiming well in that time span.

A friend commented that there was a line of vultures following me for almost the entire game. As my target gets low, I’d have two choices: take a moment of precision to make the final kill, or continue evasion and try my best to aim. Well, you can’t aim while dead. Got kinda sick of seeing ‘kill assist’ show up. I don’t really have any ideas as to how to address this other than changing my name from Psycho Romeo to something random.

Eventually (after a crash I think) it stopped awarding me kills or assists, at least on my screen. Will take a look at the video later.

I didn’t really notice projectile convergence. I didn’t think we actually shot two projectiles - just one fat one. Is this incorrect?

It’s really fun to stalk people when the bots were out. I really like when the bots come out because that’s really the only reprieve I get all game. I got in a few nasty assassinations against dorkhero and FRY.

Probably won’t be able to play again - I expect to be working Saturday days again by next month. Have a good one!

As fighter pilots say, luck is better then skill. Keep in mind that luck can be made by skill. Read the tactics forum, I added more to it.

Hello,

Luck is not created by skill. Luck by nature has no element of control.

-PR

But you can change how many chances you have for good luck. For example, if you are better at moving then your foe, you can dance around them giving you better chances to hit. If you avoid 30 man doesn’t matter your skill, then any good luck chance increasing tactics will probably fail. I could go on and on, but I think you can make your own examples now.

Skill may give you opportunity, but your luck will never change. It cannot be made or unmade. With more opportunity you give yourself chances for both good and bad luck.