THIS PLAYTEST HAS ENDED, COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK BELOW
We’re running a public, open Alpha playtest of Age of Ascent (AoA) today, the 15th of August at 1900 UTC. That’s 8pm in the UK, and 2pm Central US time.
The playtest will run for half an hour only.
To reserve your place ahead of time, sign your pilot up at https://portal.ageofascent.com
Please come back today, to https://portal.ageofascent.com and you will be admitted to the playtest.
We’re testing the PvP combat module only this time - but with the new technology base and our awesome new visual style! Everyone will be in the same ship loadout, and it’s everyone for themselves!
Other modules of the game such as trade and industry, mining and mission running will be in other playtests later this year.
After the playtest has finished, please do come back to this thread to give us your feedback and comments!
– NOTES FOR THIS PLAYTEST FOLLOW
- We are only testing the PvP experience in this playtest, not the full game!
- You’ll get the best experience if you have equipment suitable for piloting (eg mouse and keyboard, or a gamepad controller)
- You’ll need to be in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browsers on any OS of your choice
- Players from the last playtests will notice that the radar is currently turned off - this is because it is being substantially enhanced at present
- For this test we’ve got the music soundtrack turned off by default
- We’re not showing pilot names under the ships for this test - instead we’re showing distance-to-target as this helps us test the telemetry feeds. Ship/pilot ID will be back!
- Shield capacity has been bumped up, but shield recharge is disabled