WORLD’S LARGEST VIDEOGAME PvP BATTLE!

March 14th at 1900 GMT / 1400 EST / 1100 PST
WORLD’S LARGEST VIDEOGAME PvP BATTLE!

All you need to participate in this official GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ record attempt for the Largest Videogame PvP Battle is a modern web browser – so invite your friends, come back in 14 days, 1 hour, 11 minutes, 16 seconds… and be a part of gaming history!

Free, No download or install

We’ll be posting news and info about AoA over the next few days and weeks. To stay informed, sign up to our newsletter!

Hello,

I am a bit bafeled by the format of your forum… but i will get the hang of it, eventually.

I have read a few… very few things about AoA, being an EVE player i was intrigued by the concept of another EVE like game. All i read about AoA so far is that it will be a sandbox and will involve dogfighting.

That is all very nice and a I am sure many EVE players will love the dogfighting part, EVE is lacking in that aspect… so far.
I for one am interested in the 3’rd person view, not that i dislike dogfighting but i love having the option to order the “ship” to keep at range, orbit, aproach and so forth. Will AoA have a 3’rd person perspective and the option to order the ship to do certain tasks?

Sorry if i posted in the wrong part of the forum, thruthfully, i have no ideea in what part of the forum i am posting right now.

Anyone?
I would be happy with any reply… as long as it is a reply :wink:

Hi Victor,

It’s still very much under development and planning, but we do intend to allow ships to install modular “software subsystems” that can provide a variety of autopiloting features including orbit, approach etc but also to perform either default or pre-recorded complex maneuvres.

We do also intend to allow third person perspective, however we want this to work in conjunction with your visibility / radar systems, so that if you weren’t aware of a ship coming up behind you in first-person view, then you also wouldn’t be aware of it in third-person view.

Apologies for the delay in replying - things are a bit hectic at the moment!

Best,

James Niesewand

As a small Youtube content creator, I was wondering if it is ok to record and upload monetized videos of this event?

Looks amazing, can’t wait to try it.

I was also wondering about Monetization also I would like to live stream the record attempt on Twitch.

Absolutely fine, mondeflp! Hope you enjoy it.

Please do live stream it, Tank; that’d be awesome.

This public alpha is entirely free. Monetisation for the full game will be free-to-play.

Before you run screaming into the hills :smile: however, we do free-to-play without pay-to-win. We’ve proven that we can do this in a persistent universe with our current title; and even the press agrees!

Thank you James for the reply.

It does sound like a good ideea and i do hope you implement the 3rd person view and “autopilot” for the lazy (aka. me).
I am looking forward to the way you will implement this, best of luck.

Respectfully,
Victor

Looks good, hope to see more gameplay!