This thread was for the open Alpha playtest of Age of Ascent (AoA) that was held on Saturday the 26th of September at 1900 UTC (1400 US Central, 2000 UK time).
To reserve your place for our next playtest, sign your pilot up at https://portal.ageofascent.com
Please return to https://portal.ageofascent.com when the next playtest is due to start, and you will be automatically admitted.
We’re testing the PvP combat module again - but with the new technology base and our awesome new visual style! Everyone will be in the same ship loadout, and it’s everyone for themselves!
Other modules of the game such as trade and industry, mining and mission running will be in other playtests later this year.
After the playtest has finished, please do come back to this thread to give us your feedback and comments!
- We are only testing the PvP experience in this playtest, not the full game!
- You’ll get the best experience if you have equipment suitable for piloting (eg mouse and keyboard, or a gamepad controller - we do not currently support joysticks, but will in the future)
- You’ll need to be in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browsers on any OS of your choice
- For this test we’ve got the music soundtrack turned off by default
– NOTES FOR THIS PLAYTEST FOLLOW
In addition to the notes from the last playtest, available here, this playtest has the following changes:
The Gravidar radar is back! This is version one, and it will be further enhanced (visually and functionally) in the future. The “G” key on your keyboard cycles you through levels of zoom
“A” and “D” strafe keys inverted when you were flying backwards; this has been fixed
Speed perception has been enhanced in a variety of ways
The flight control graphic now shows that the “Y” key inverts your pitch controls, the “G” key cycles your radar resolution through a 5-step zoom level, and the mousewheel can be used for thrust control
We’re testing out a new weapon which has a much higher muzzle velocity than previous weapons, and a different visual style
We look forward to seeing you there!