Alpha Test Feedback Oct 3rd 2015

Join us at www.ageofascent.com for a 30 min playtest Saturday, 3rd Oct, 2015 at 3pm Central US, 4pm East US, 8pm UTC/GMT, 9pm UK (Desktop browser, mouse and keyboard)

Pluto

Scores

http://player.ageofascent.com/Home/Scores/2015-10-03/

Release Notes

• Mouse flight (Pointer Lock) now works for MS Edge on Win10 insder builds >= 10532
  • Client-server streamlining
  • Improved telemetry and tracking
  • In honour of New Horizons’ successful mission, Pluto & Charon adorn this test!
  • Free-for-All (FFA) - all ships are hostile
  • Everyone is on Dual Pulse Cannon weapon-type
  • Next playtest after this one will be in five weeks (Nov 7th), week skipped for Halloween

If you want to know the bigger picture and where we are heading don’t forget to check out: About Age of Ascent

Thank you all for joining us on this journey!

I was unable to participate. WebGL kept crashing on Chrome. I tried IE but was told to try Chrome. I didn’t have Netscape installed.

I’m running Chrome Version 45.0.2454.101 m on Windows 8.1.

After entering my pilot name I get an “Aw Snap” page. If I try to go back to your website and start over I get “Rats WebGL hit a snag” banner (Ignore/Reload). Both options result in a “Your web browser does not support WebGL – so you won’t be able to play Age of Ascent!” page.

@IAMAGEEKYEY we had to take that pretty far out didn’t we :wink:

Anyway something i noticed is that there is still that little lag time when someone uses their boosts really annoying :confused:
also i noticed that there is a locking system? Was this in place before and did i just miss it or what?

Anyway had good fun but with some more of those assists were kills

Awesome playtest today. No bugs, no crashes.

Thanks!

Was not able to toggle ‘y invert’… wanted forward for down, back for up on mouse

Sigh, I so wish I could have recorded that. Oh well, maybe next time Microsoft will have its glitches fixed. Anyway, First, there was a guy named inferno, he glitched some how and, when he turboed, huge inferno. Also, in one of my bait traps, A guy called KMON, like, come on, wanted me to come on and fight him. I also got 50s :smiley: And soon, I’m coming for that combo and accuracy awards.

Still saw the spazzing mother ship glitch.

Too close Spp, too close.

did i get the closest to killing you there?

Yes. Possibly of all time.

1 Like

:’( so close why so close

I might need to worry about Cerberus here soon, that score…

Had a great time tonight, had no problems from my end, using chrome except my shields seem to deplete quickly but maybe i need to buy a gamepad or something, was using a mouse and keyboard.

Cheers Devs :smile:

That’s weird. I was using the identical Chrome on Win 8.1 myself, and had no issues.

Could you go to http://webglreport.com and copy’n’paste the ‘Unmasked Renderer:’ line into this forum (or private message me with the details)?

That’d be extremely helpful - many thanks.

SC

Gutted these are so short. While I continue to be vastly outclassed, it’s thoroughly enjoyable. The feeling of joy at finally nailing one of the GMs… :smiley:

Despite being on wifi and a cheap VPN, any lag wasn’t noticable to me. Cheap ol’ Lenovo X201, lots of RAM but first gen Core onboard graphics. Perfectly fluid as far as I was concerned.

Slowly getting the hang of piloting a ship, and how to best control my speed and use strafing. I don’t think half an hour a month is going to get me my combat pilot license. I could definitely still use a tutorial, and maybe a five minute warmup with a drone, before being dropped into the fray to be slaughtered by the GMs and IAMAGEEKYEY!

I don’t think the “Thrust” instructions on the HUD are particularly clear. It’s obvious once you already know, but the icon for T (which is afterburner, I guess) looks more like the downward arrow for slowing down than the upward arrow for speeding up.

I thought I got a “First Kill” after I’d already received notification of having killed someone earlier on, but that might of just been a mistake on my part.

I also found distinguishing between players was difficult while in a firefight. The ability to tag a player would be useful, so I could focus on one target. If they evade, I’ve no idea if I’m attacking the same person as before, or someone else who crossed my crosshairs. That problem might evaporate once I can fly worth a damn.

Great fun. Catch y’all after halloween?

http://forum.ageofascent.com/t/fighter-evasion-and-attacking-tactics/297/8 This might help. As for practice, you should turbo far, far away, and get used to the controls.

1 Like

I agree… Target tagging a player is a must.

I didn’t see a ‘Unmasked Renderer:’ There were 2 tabs are as shown below. I then rebooted and the link responded with a lot more detail including: WebKit WebGL as the renderer.

I believe running Age of Ascent caused WebGL to crash (I suspect the prompt for pilot name was originally presented in WebGL.)

Results before rebooting but after running Age of Ascent (I rebooted twice before the alpha test ended and got the same inability to play, both time failing immediately after providing my pilog name. Also of note I was using a 3440x1440 monitor.

× This browser supports WebGL 1, but it is disabled or unavailable.

Sometimes this is the result of older video drivers being rejected by the browser. Try updating your video drivers if possible.

Also check out Get WebGL, or try installing the latest version of Chrome, or Firefox.

Platform: Win32
Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.101 Safari/537.36

× This browser does not support WebGL 2

Check out Get WebGL, or try installing the latest version of Chrome, or Firefox.

I so wish I could have made it. I don’t like the way the scoreboard is tilting! Must upset that.