Alpha test feedback Jan 10, 2015

Join us at www.ageofascent.com for a 30 min playtest Saturday, 10th January, 2015 at 2pm Central US, 3pm East US, 8pm UK/GMT

Scores

http://player.ageofascent.com/Home/Scores/2015-01-10/

Release Notes

• Jupiter and Europa await
  • Improved gravidar visibility
  • Improved gravidar legibility

If you want to know the bigger picture and where we are heading don’t forget to check out: About Age of Ascent

Thank you all for joining us on this journey!

Great test today! I really like the gravidar improvements.

Yes!!! What a match!! There was quite the turnout today!!

When the game started, there was blue everywhere. So for today, I took a more self preservation type of approach. I avoided collisions as much as possible, and disengaged from any fight that was not going my way. It worked quite well.

I noticed Awesome spending a lot of time in the soup. I think that accounts for the differences in our score (assists). I tried to stay away from the soup as much as possible, though I did poke my head in to get a kill of opportunity against him.

I actually found myself using my teammates often during this match. Thanks Garruk, dorkhero, Marty, and Vykeene for providing cover fire while I made an escape.

And on blue team I noticed a very threatening presence from ubluntu, Blade, and GM Cerberus. I only actually had a real good fight with Awesome once, which started off going well for him, then started going well for me, then turned into a three on one. Through some miracle of man I managed to get away.

I definitely think the gravidar is easier to read. It’s still hard to read when the names are overlapping, but I don’t think there’s much that can be done about that. It’s simple enough to just adjust the map zoom to spread them out.

I noticed space dust for the first time today. Is that new?

I was looking at the player scores are and noticed that it’s still riddled with bugs. For one, it’s saying everyone ever is on the blue team, and everyone still has unknown foes.

Really looking forward to what’s going to be coming next. Lately it seems to have been small updates but I guess that’s understandable due to the holidays. Video coming tonight!

Sounds like I missed a good time this week. I’ll have to be sure to make the next test </3

No, that’s been around for a while now. It’s meant to be unobtrusive, but does give a sense of velocity and direction when you don’t have nearby fixed objects to anchor your perspective (eg when you’re in open space - which admittedly happens rarely in the current game format!)

Yeah. I’ll let TC comment on that separately!

Yes, has been smaller releases at the public end, but there’s been quite a lot of backend work going on in preparation for expansion out into the fuller game mechanics. We’ll be making more visible (up-front) progress over the coming months.

Yay! Much thanks in advance!

Stop letting me forget this guys…!