Alpha Test Feedback Apr 9th 2016

Scores from this playtest are shown below, please provide your feedback on your experience!

Join us at www.ageofascent.com for a 30 min playtest Saturday, 5th March, 2015
1pm PACIFIC | 3pm CENTRAL US | 4pm EAST US | 8pm GMT | 9pm UK

Scores

https://player.ageofascent.com/Home/Scores/2016-04-09

Release Notes

• Running on small dev cluster, ASP.NET Core x64 RC2, Kestrel in Microsoft Azure
  • Server hot-spot tracing is on
  • Mouse control tweaks
  • Free-for-All (FFA) – all ships are hostile
  • Dual Projectile Multi-Cannons, 320 rounds/sec (19.2k per min), velocity 4 km/s, 7 km range
  • Next playtest after this one will be in five weeks (Sat May 14th)

If you want to know the bigger picture and where we are heading don’t forget to check out: About Age of Ascent

Thank you all for joining us on this journey!

Tsk tsk tsk… Still not beating your brother, hm, James? Poor show.

I’m back!

I guess I’m out of practice. It felt like a struggle fighting against the slippery controls. My mouse inputs were just not as responsive as I remember.

I streamed this playtest on twitch, I’ll throw a version on youtube later.

I played worse. Had Trouble with the Speeding up and Slowing down. I was holding the key but It wouldnt work all the time. Maybe just me. It was amazing how many people showed up. pewpewpewpew. Keep up the good work.

It was fun, but I needed more time to get used to the super sensitive mouse movement. I would like to see more controls options (mapping?), and scroll up/down with scroll wheel would be nice for controlling speed.

Controls felt really slippery at first for me too - then about 3/4 of the way through it felt like suddenly something changed, I was moving smoothly and everyone else slowed down, I wasn’t getting hit as much, and it was easier to line people up for kills.

Did I just hit a zen moment or did something change on the server? Hmm…

So this is the third alpha test I have played. the difference between the two controls settings mouse vs keyboard sensitivities are at the extreme. Mouse is overly sensitive even flying at 30% speed. The Keyboard was too sluggish had to spam the controls for up down left and right to turn. Its a huge turn off when you cant stay on target and I have played a lot of combat flight sims.

• Thanks for the reminder & link in Illy chat or I would have missed this.
  • Mouse controls were also a bit slippery for me. A mouse calibrator would be a welcome feature.
  • My biggest walkaway is wanting a target lock / toggle. Anything would be an improvement, even a fuzzy color overlay in lieu of a targeting reticle. Am I the last fan of tab targeting?
  • Just curious - Is non-collision with objects intended as a feature?
  • Looking forward to the next test.