I cannot register in the portal

I tried to register, and clicked the register button and literally nothing appeared to happen.
I tried simpler and simpler passwords, thinking it could not handle a long one (99 characters) or special characters. I eventually refreshed and tried again and it said the username was already taken. But the username is my email. I never got any email to confirm my registration. Yes, I checked my spam folder.
I tried the “forgot password” function, but have not received an email there either.
How can I get help?

I have the same issue. Tried just now.

Hi

Sorry to hear you are having issues and thanks for letting us know. Our dev team is taking a look now - and we will make sure we fix it as well as have better messaging and error alerts, going forward.

GM WB

Hi

Thanks for letting us know, we will get in touch with you directly concerning your account.

GM WB

Hi

Let me know if there are still issues - this should be working!

GM WB

@GM_warriorbunny I just tried registering in the portal.ageofascent.com.
Registration in the portal is blocked on Mac OS Big Sur (Safari). Input fields do not allow entering text (email etc). Not sure if this has something to do with autocomplete. Needs investigation.

Hi StanMad

OK, thanks for letting us know, I will check with the dev team and come back to you.

Hi StanMad

I have talked to the devs and this is an issues specific to Safari. They are aware and working on it. Meanwhile, please go ahead and register using a different browser such as Chrome.

Hope to see you at our next playtest weekend!

Best,
GM WB