Alpha test feedback Sept 20, 2014

Join us at www.ageofascent.com for a 30 min playtest Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 8pm UTC, 3pm Central US, 4pm East US, 9pm UK

Check out these release notes. Short but awesome:

• Mouse lock is now free look, and you ship will try to match you view direction as fast as it can

• You guns will fire in current ship direction

• NPCs are hunting again, expect danger!

If you want to know the bigger picture and where we are heading don’t forget to check out: About Age of Ascent

Thank you all for joining us on this journey!

If I understand correctly, this means that the ship can aim at a place that is different than the mouse cursor correct?

Will we see a crosshair for both?

Due to a technical glitch we have had to hold back this weeks patches
As we have not corrected the mouse lock the controls have been reverted to last month’s control system

Held Back

• Mouse lock is now free look, and you ship will try to match you view direction as fast as it can
  • You guns will fire in current ship direction
  • NPCs are hunting again, expect danger!

Hi Thundercat, awesome as ever, but again the table of stats did not load at the end of the test run. I am using firefox if that makes a difference.

Yehaw. Snagged Ubuntu there at the last second.

Had some major issues with the mouse bounds in the beginning. Couldn’t figure out why it was affecting me so badly for the longest time. It would not be an exaggeration if I said I was spending ~5% of my fly time with the mouse out of bounds. Finally realized I wasn’t in fullscreen mode, then fatfingered f10 instead of f11 and cut my video. Spent a good 10 minutes getting that portion saved so I could start a new one. There was a point where I was in a dogfight with GM thundercat and we were flying in perfect circles for a good 10 seconds. My mouse went out of bounds for a split second, and suddenly I was taking streaks of plasma every round. Just a testament to how detrimental it is to go out of bounds with the mouse.

Kinda sucked in the beginning. Airplaneman was all over me and ubuntu was giving his teammates excellent cover. At one point I was chasing ubuntu and he had completely lost me. I was scanning the map when I saw this rather perfectly circular shaped blue streak trailing off my screen. Oh. There he is.

Noticed NPCs are boosting now? That’s cool.

And regarding the scoreboard, it’s also last playtest that I can’t see, in addition to this one.
Edit: duh, thats because there was no playtest on the 13th…

Video to come, hopefully tomorrow.

Ding ding ding!

I wanted to comment on how beautifully smoothly the game runs when I’m not recording.

Alas we have lost the scores from this week :frowning:

Though we have identified the issue.

Today’s patch notes: Alpha test feedback Oct 4, 2014