Alpha Test Feedback Apr 18 2015

Join us at www.ageofascent.com for a 30 min playtest Saturday, 18th of Apr, 2015 at 3pm Central US, 4pm East US, 8pm UTC/GMT, 9pm UK (Desktop browser, mouse and keyboard)

Please note time change for UK players due to daylight savings changes.

Scores

http://player.ageofascent.com/Home/Scores/2015-04-18/

Release Notes

• Free-for-All (FFA) - All ships are hostile
  • Refactoring server comms and interest management
  • Next playtest after this one will be in four weeks

If you want to know the bigger picture and where we are heading don’t forget to check out: About Age of Ascent

Thank you all for joining us on this journey!

Thanks for the playtest!

I usually get a bit nauseous in FPS shooters or space battles like this. For whatever reason it didn’t affect me this time.

I’m using a 3440x1440 monitor and played the test in full screen mode. The graphics looked great with one exception.

When I started the game my “guns” were firing from the lower right quadrant of my screen and not the center where I expected. Later in the combat it started firing from the center. I don’t know if the change occurred after I died and relaunched (most likely) or after I hit Enter to change mode and back.

It took a while to get a feel of the acceleration/deceleration, there may have been an on screen display of speed but I didn’t see it.

You’re very welcome! Thanks for dropping by!

That’s very good to hear; we’ve tried to balance the speed of motion (for these playtests we’re all in fairly fast small ships) with the nausea factor; hopefully we’ve got it right. A lot of it is in the “anchoring” furniture (planets, moons, spacestations etc) and the Radar - both of which operate along the celestial plane.

That’s awesome. We’ve had some people play in some really outrageous setups before (this attachment was originaly 4044x953 - I had to shrink it just to upload it!)

That’s possible; and we’ve seen it before. TC will take a look and see what we can do to fix it so it works straight out of the box.

Interesting - onscreen display of speed is on the left side of the HUD crosshairs, right in the center (or rather lower-right for some of your experience). We do need to design a new HUD quite soon, to bring in concepts such as armour, heat etc - hopefully for the next playtest in 4 weeks time; and we’ll see what we can do to address the readout visibility.

Hope you’ll join us again, and many, many thanks for your feedback.

Best,

James N

Once upon a time, SC and TC would never have a positive K:D! Now look at you guys - top of the boards. Wish I could have been there!

Missed you, PR! tbh though, I’ve been practicing the strafe corkscrew a bit - and there was no appearance by IAMGEEKYAY or Awesome (or any of the other much better pilots than TC and I!).

Feedback thread for today’s playtest: Alpha Test Feedback May 16 2015

Hmm, try resizing the window and see if that fixes it? Might have to look at the initaliztion resolution checks.