Alpha test feedback Dec 13, 2014

It was mine and Reikens first time. It was a interesting and adrenaline fueled experience which was excellent, very reminiscent of freespace and other good old games. It really for me brought back memories of playing the first X wing game online, which was my first real multiplayer experience.

As for collisions I think they should be handled this way:

For stations/space objects - Bounce off, little damage.

For Player/npc ships over a certain size, I.E Capital ships - Heavy damage to pilot, some damage to other ship, bounce off.

Will try to be there next time.

Been thinking about the collision aspects,

1. Ship to Ship equal size - both ships should change course slightly away from each other as there would be a push from the shields. The shields should also be degraded say 33%, if that takes the shields below zero then the relevant ship(s) are destroyed.

2. Ship - Ship unequal size - the smaller ship should have a marked course correction, the larger ship a very minor correction, and each should loose shields according to the ratio of tonnage difference of the ships, up to to say 66% of the total shield value of the smaller ship (may not be any gravity, but momentum can be a pain), again if total shield loss then the ship(s) are destroyed.

3. Ship - immobile structure - shield damage as per 2, but the ship comes to a full halt if it is not destroyed.

I understand you are loathe to kill player ships, and to some extent I agree but there ought to be some penalty for collision, and if a player has lost shields already using collision as a fail safe way of evening out a duel should not be an option.

Thread for today’s test: Alpha test feedback Dec 27, 2014

I missed this one again. I was on IRC almost all day… did I miss the message? :frowning: